[asterisk-users] Asterisk trying to call a queue with no members

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 6 11:09:28 CDT 2012

On 07/06/2012 10:15 AM, Antonio Modesto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I am trying to configure some static queues in asterisk, it's almost
> working, the problem is that asterisk is not verifying if the queue has
> logged members. For example, if I create queue called test, which has no
> members logged in, and try to place a call using Queue(test) I get into
> the queue, even if all phones are turned off, I tried to verify it with
> the QUEUE_MEMBER function, using the "ready" parameter, it shows me that
> all members are logged in. Here is my queues.conf:
>
> [general]
> persistentmembers = yes
> monitor-type = MixMonitor
>
> [default-queue](!)
> musicclass=default
> joinempty=yes

This setting will cause Queue() to allow callers to join the queue even
if the queue has no members. Since you are saying you don't want that,
you should turn it off.

> leavewhenempty=no
> strategy=random
> timeout=10
> retry=3
> timeoutpriority=conf
> autofill=yes
> announce-position = yes
> ringinuse=no
>

> [recepcao](default-queue)
> member => SIP/100
> member => SIP/101
> member => SIP/102

You have statically defined the members of this queue, there is no
'logging in' required. The Queue() app does not try to determine whether
the devices you list as members are currently connected to Asterisk or not.

--
Kevin P. Fleming