[asterisk-users] Asterisk trying to call a queue with no members

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Fri Jul 6 12:36:31 CDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 11:09 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> On 07/06/2012 10:15 AM, Antonio Modesto wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I am trying to configure some static queues in asterisk, it's almost
> > working, the problem is that asterisk is not verifying if the queue has
> > logged members. For example, if I create queue called test, which has no
> > members logged in, and try to place a call using Queue(test) I get into
> > the queue, even if all phones are turned off, I tried to verify it with
> > the QUEUE_MEMBER function, using the "ready" parameter, it shows me that
> > all members are logged in. Here is my queues.conf:
> >
> > [general]
> > persistentmembers = yes
> > monitor-type = MixMonitor
> >
> > [default-queue](!)
> > musicclass=default
> > joinempty=yes
>
> This setting will cause Queue() to allow callers to join the queue even
> if the queue has no members. Since you are saying you don't want that,
> you should turn it off.

	I've set the two options to 'strict', it is working now. One more
question, I selected the random strategy, but sometimes asterisk
randomly selects a member that is on a call, then it starts to announce
an incoming call to this member, and there are other members available.

> > leavewhenempty=no
> > strategy=random
> > timeout=10
> > retry=3
> > timeoutpriority=conf
> > autofill=yes
> > announce-position = yes
> > ringinuse=no
> >

> > [recepcao](default-queue)
> > member => SIP/100
> > member => SIP/101
> > member => SIP/102
>
> You have statically defined the members of this queue, there is no
> 'logging in' required. The Queue() app does not try to determine whether
> the devices you list as members are currently connected to Asterisk or not.

I don't want the users to manually login in the queue, I want they join
the queue when they turn on their phone. I thought that this was the
right way of doing it, how can I do it?