[asterisk-users] allowguest = yes? no?

Tue Jan 24 08:55:12 CST 2012

What they are talking about is SIP URI dialling. Let say you have
extension 1000 the rings a phone on your system. With allowguest=yes I
would be allowed to dial SIP:/1000 at yourdomain.com and assuming the
context defined in your [General] section had access to exten 1000 I
would connect to that phone. With alloweguest=no my call would be rejected.

That does not mean that strangers can not call an IVR and get to your
1000 extension or even a DID that point right to it.

If you are going to allowguest=yes you need to take carfule note of your
contexts so as not to allow strangers access to parts of your dial plan
that have, lets say long distance routes.

Does that help?

Thanks!!

Jim