[asterisk-users] Cordless SIP phone

Jason W. Parks N7WTF at ihearbanjos.com
Mon Jan 23 18:05:16 CST 2012

In my neck of the woods...

A "Cordless Phone" refers to a cordless handset with a wired base. The
phone communicates with the base and can't work without it. It's usually
proprietary in nature as well.

A "Wireless Phone" usually refers to any phone communicating via 802.11.
No base required. A cell phone is also sometimes referred to as a
wireless phone.