[asterisk-users] Cordless SIP phone

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 09:35:59 CST 2012

On Monday 23 January 2012, eherr wrote:
> I have an asterisk box which has Polycom Soundpoints IP335 and IP650s
> registering to it both locally and remote.
>
> I want to be able to incorporate a cordless phone at the remote location;
> not a wireless phone.
>
> I want it to also be able to register to the same asterisk box so it can
> take calls and transfers.
>
> Any idea?

Some sort of FXS adaptor  (Grandstream HandyTone 286 is still available)  and
a generic cordless phone from any electronics store?  You may also need an
adaptor with an RJ11 plug and whatever phone socket your local telephone
company use; and in some countries this will need to be a "master" type  (with
bell capacitor),  or else the phone may not ring.  (A "half-master" type --
which has the bell capacitor but lacks a surge arrester -- will also work
fine.)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.