[asterisk-users] Cordless SIP phone

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Jan 23 15:46:32 CST 2012

Carlos Alvarez <carlos at televolve.com> writes:

> Perhaps you meant one that is not wi-fi? I would agree with that, I
> have a pile of totally useless wi-fi phones, they are all garbage.

Ascom has some fantastic Wi-fi phones. They are expensive, but they are
the only Wi-fi phones I have tried which actually work as phones. They
manage to get a signal in places where other devices give up, and if
they lose signal they are quick to regain it when you get closer to the
access point.

The cost is a challenge in most installations; DECT often comes out
cheaper even if you include SIP DECT base stations.

/Benny