[asterisk-users] High verbose set at console effects the logger file "Full" - Why is that?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:18:41 CST 2012

Wouldn't a shell script be a band-aid solution?

CLI verbose should have absolutely no effect on other loggings. I have been
saying this forever that Asterisk logging should be very strong and
separate of anything else including what we see on the CLI. This is
important for security reasons. You forget to put the verbose back to 9
then your Fail2ban stop working. You are debugging the server and playing
with "core set verbose" then you are momentarily opening for attacks.

I do understand what "core set verbose" was initially made for but these
things are not set in stone and should be improved given security is
becoming such a huge issue.

Separating logger.conf from "core set verbose" is the best solution.

Best,