[asterisk-users] Set(CALLERID(name)) when incoming call is "anonymous"

Kevin Shanahan kmshanah at ucwb.org.au
Thu Feb 16 20:26:15 CST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why I can't pass through caller ID details
that I set manually if the incoming call that I am forwarding was
anonymous.

Our reception staff need to know which number the client was calling
in on so they can give the right greeting message when answering.

E.g. I have the following in our dialplan for one reception number
(similar for others):

G_RECEPTION=SIP/1111&SIP/2222

exten => 12345678,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=ORG1)
exten => 12345678,n,Set(CALLERID(name-pres)=allowed)
exten => 12345678,n,Dial(${G_RECEPTION},15,i)
exten => 12345678,n,VoiceMail(12345678,su)
exten => 12345678,n,Hangup()

Normally this works great with the name "ORG1" and the client's number
both appearing on the handset (Snom 320). However, if the caller had
no caller ID this shows up on the screen as "Anonymous".

Setting name-pres actually doesn't have noticable effect. I added that
later when trying to find a solution.

How can I make "ORG1" show up on the screen when the caller has no
caller ID?

TIA,
Kevin Shanahan