[asterisk-users] High verbose set at console effects the logger file "Full" - Why is that?

Luke Hamburg luke at solvent-llc.com
Thu Feb 16 21:11:47 CST 2012

Fair enough.
Giving up on the backport to 1.8 or 10 for now, I had a thought for a
kludge.

How about a shell script (scheduled with cron) that checks for any 'active'
consoles -- any connected consoles where there has been user input within
the last X minutes.  If it finds none, then set the verbosity back to 5 (or
whatever level you want).

There are a few problems with this -- I couldn't find any way to:

1) query Asterisk for a count or list of console connections, much less
'active' ones
2) query Asterisk for the current verbosity level (without changing it)

Am I barking up another wrong tree here?
Anyone have any other ideas on how to solve this problem?