[asterisk-users] chan_capi audio weirdness

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Wed Feb 15 15:53:19 CST 2012

Hello Arik,

On 02/14/2012 12:49 PM, Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run asterisk on an AVM Fritz!Box Fon 7270 embedded DSL router.
> This works quite well after getting rid of the preinstalled phone server but I
> am encountering some unexpected behaviour.
>
> Background: I am using two CAPI controllers provided by the hardware
> - one in MSN mode for dialling out and
> - one in NT-mode, (DID) for the internal S0-Bus
>
> The problem is, I get no audio whatsoever until a channel is answered.
> Some of the symptoms of this are:
> - If I have an s-extension for the internal S0-Bus
>     exten => s,1,Playtones(dial)
> I cannot hear the dialtone. It works however with:
>     exten => s,1,Answer
>     exten => s,n,Playtones(dial)
>
> - Similarly if I dial from internal to external with the extension:
>     exten => _X.,1,Dial(CAPI/contr1/12345)
> I hear no progress indication. EVEN when using the r-option of the dial
> command. It works however with
>     exten => _X.,1,Answer
>     exten => _X.,n,Dial(CAPI/contr1/12345)

in NT mode, the B-channel is not activated automatically. You have to signal
the TE side that early-B3 data is available. Then the TE side can activate
the B-channel. If the NT-side is chan_capi, use
 exten => _X.,n,capicommand(progress)
without "Answer" before Dial().
Also, when using Dial() with chan_capi, you should use /b or /B option
in Dial() to get early-B3 from that other side too.
See README of chan_capi package for more details.

Armin