[asterisk-users] chan_capi audio weirdness

Arik Raffael Funke arik at funke.eu
Tue Feb 14 05:49:33 CST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to run asterisk on an AVM Fritz!Box Fon 7270 embedded DSL
router. This works quite well after getting rid of the preinstalled
phone server but I am encountering some unexpected behaviour.

Background: I am using two CAPI controllers provided by the hardware
- one in MSN mode for dialling out and
- one in NT-mode, (DID) for the internal S0-Bus

The problem is, I get no audio whatsoever until a channel is answered.
Some of the symptoms of this are:
- If I have an s-extension for the internal S0-Bus
     exten => s,1,Playtones(dial)
I cannot hear the dialtone. It works however with:
     exten => s,1,Answer
     exten => s,n,Playtones(dial)

- Similarly if I dial from internal to external with the extension:
     exten => _X.,1,Dial(CAPI/contr1/12345)
I hear no progress indication. EVEN when using the r-option of the dial
command. It works however with
     exten => _X.,1,Answer
     exten => _X.,n,Dial(CAPI/contr1/12345)

Has anybody seen this before?