[asterisk-users] chan_capi audio weirdness

Arik Raffael Funke arik at funke.eu
Sat Feb 18 12:28:07 CST 2012

Hello Armin,

On 15/02/2012 22:53, Armin Schindler wrote:
>> I hear no progress indication. EVEN when using the r-option of the dial
>> command. It works however with
>>      exten =>  _X.,1,Answer
>>      exten =>  _X.,n,Dial(CAPI/contr1/12345)
>
> in NT mode, the B-channel is not activated automatically. You have to signal
> the TE side that early-B3 data is available. Then the TE side can activate
> the B-channel. If the NT-side is chan_capi, use
>   exten =>  _X.,n,capicommand(progress)
> without "Answer" before Dial().
> Also, when using Dial() with chan_capi, you should use /b or /B option
> in Dial() to get early-B3 from that other side too.
> See README of chan_capi package for more details.

Thank you for your help. I did look at the chan_capi README, but I am
afraid I do not know enough about the capi protocol to make sense of
everything.

I tried what you suggested - but without any luck. To make sure I did
not misunderstand you, I now have:
      exten =>  _X.,1,capicommand(progress)
      exten =>  _X.,n,Dial(CAPI/capi_intern/12345/b)

Used to call either from intern->intern or alternatively intern->extern.
In neither case do I get progress indication (i.e. ringing tones) as I
did when answering the channel before dialing.

Could it be that my hardware is simply behaving unexpectedly? After all,
it's not really a traditional capi card but an embedded device. Or am I
still doing something wrong?

Many thanks,
Arik