[asterisk-users] distributed queue information over several Asterisk nodes

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 07:40:00 CST 2012

Is it possible to distribute QUEUE information among several Asterisk nodes in a "multimaster" or "load balancing" setup?

I haven't tried this yet but if one uses realtime with a clustered multimaster database and the queue agents/members are fixed SIP channels (eg. SIP/100) then I guess that the Queue app will be able to contact the member no matter to which Asterisk node it registered.
However, what happens if incoming calls enter more than one queue (a queue on any Asterisk node, as it would be expected in a fully load-balanced setup)?
Let's say QUEUE1 on ASTNODE1 has 1 incoming call waiting to be picked up and a second call comes in but enters QUEUE1 on ASTNODE2 which was previously empty.
So for example, how can the caller in QUEUE1 on ASTNODE2 be placed in position 2 instead of 1?

In other words, can the same QUEUE work/collaborate over different Asterisk nodes?

Thanks,

Vieri