[asterisk-users] Congestion() forcing PRI channels to be not available

Christopher Harrington chris at acsdi.com
Wed Dec 19 15:54:43 CST 2012

You probably already know this, but 1.4x is very old (released in 2006) and
is officially end-of-life.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions

You might get more help or better behavior by updating to a newer more
current version of Asterisk, such as 1.8 which will be receiving bug fixes
into October 2014.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM, James Lamanna <jlamanna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a PSTN Asterisk box that's connected to other dialplan PBXes
> through IAX2.
>
> Recently this box was upgraded to 1.4.44 with the latest DAHDI version.
> I've noticed that if one of the dialplan PBXes calls Congestion(), the PRI
> will return ISDN code 34 (as its supposed to do).
> However, the issue is that subsequent calls into that PRI channel are
> immediately responded by a Code 44 (channel not available) even though
> there is no live call on the channel.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Its a pretty crippling behavior
> since all of our channels eventually become unresponsive until a 'dahdi
> restart' is issued.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- James
>
> --