[asterisk-users] Congestion() forcing PRI channels to be not available

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:47:05 CST 2012

Hi,
I have a PSTN Asterisk box that's connected to other dialplan PBXes through
IAX2.

Recently this box was upgraded to 1.4.44 with the latest DAHDI version.
I've noticed that if one of the dialplan PBXes calls Congestion(), the PRI
will return ISDN code 34 (as its supposed to do).
However, the issue is that subsequent calls into that PRI channel are
immediately responded by a Code 44 (channel not available) even though
there is no live call on the channel.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Its a pretty crippling behavior
since all of our channels eventually become unresponsive until a 'dahdi
restart' is issued.

Thanks.

-- James