[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 - BLF on Custom devices

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Tue Aug 21 14:19:31 CDT 2012

On 08/21/2012 02:52 PM, Noah Engelberth wrote:
> The short of the output is -- there is no console output showing ==
> Extension Changed 302[hints] new state on the Ringing or InUse&Ringing
> events -- only on InUse or Idle events (which matches what I'm seeing
> on the phones).

Weird. I just did a test on my production system, 1.8.11.1 (from digium
repository) on Debian Squeeze and a Snom 870 running firmware 8.4.35. I
had the verbosity set to 3, and I manually changed the devstate in the
console with "devstate change 207-support-agent RINGING". I got a message:

  Extension Changed 207-support-agent[employees] new state Ringing for
Notify User pfrost

and my phone updated its interface to reflect the change. Tested also
with INUSE, NOT_INUSE, and RINGINUSE and all resulted in a NOTIFY being
sent to the handset. Though the Snom 870 doesn't distinguish between
RING and RINGINUSE, it did change from displaying "talking" to "idle" or
"ringing". So, at least with my environment, asterisk is capable and
successful at sending SIP NOTIFY for custom devstates.

I've no idea why you'd get updates for NOT_INUSE and INUSE but none of
the other states. It looks like your dialplan logic is complex enough
that I'm having a hard time following it and understanding what should
be happening, so I'd suggest testing twiddling the device states through
the console and see if that generates NOTIFYs. If not, I'd verify that
something is actually subscribed with "sip show subscriptions". If
something is subscribed and a NOTIFY isn't generated, I'd suspect a bug.
If you do get NOTIFYs when changing the devstate in the console but not
when making calls, then maybe something in your dialplan logic is wrong,
and I'd say simplify it until the problem is found, or it's simple
enough to re-ask on the list.