[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 - BLF on Custom devices

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Mon Aug 20 16:29:30 CDT 2012

On 08/20/2012 03:20 PM, Noah Engelberth wrote:

> And after 303 tries to call 302 while 301 & 302 are still on a call
> (301 & 302 on a call, plus 303 calling 302):
>
>     -= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-
>
> _3XX at hints               : Custom:${EXTEN} State:Idle
> Watchers  0
>
>                    302 at hints : Custom:302
> State:InUse&Ringing   Watchers  2
>
> 303 at hints               : Custom:303 State:InUse           Watchers  2
>
> 301 at hints               : Custom:301 State:InUse           Watchers  2
>
> But despite the above, the BLF fields on my phones (Cisco SPA 509G for
> all 3 extensions) only update for Idle or InUse -- they do not show
> the Ringing or InUse&Ringing statuses.  I have verified the SPA phones
> BLFs do still show the correct Ringing and InUse&Ringing statuses if
> they subscribe directly to a SIP device's state with the hint -- the
> issue only seems to be effecting Custom devices.  Can anyone think of
> anything else I should check?

I'd do a packet capture -- ideally from the phone, or using your switch
to mirror the phone's port -- and look for a SIP NOTIFY. Then we can
know if a NOTIFY is not being sent, or if it's just not being processed
as desired by your Cisco SPA 509G. If it's not there, do the same on
your asterisk server, and if we see it on the asterisk server but not at
the endpoint, we can suspect network configuration.

You can also get some more detail about what endpoints are subscribed
with "sip show subscriptions" in the asterisk console, but since it says
"Watchers 2", that suggests the subscription has been made. I'd just
verify that specifically the device you are using for testing is subscribed.

Also, I know if you turn the verbosity up high enough (core set
verbosity 3) you will get messages in the console about notifications
sent. You can also "set sip debug on" or something along those lines and
have Asterisk print all the SIP traffic it's attempting to send. Should
help you narrow the possible causes.