[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Websockets

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Aug 7 07:10:56 CDT 2012

mailsvb wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hola!

> I'm currently trying to play a little with WebRTC using sipml5 client
> and Asterisk trunk (370821)
> It seems the the WebRTC implementation for Asterisk 11 is already
> available in the trunk? Am I right?
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2012-July/055940.html

You are correct but presently the media side has been untested fully
since Google Chrome does not yet implement ICE according to the RFC.
This won't affect your registration attempt, though.

> I'm having trouble to even register to my Asterisk server using sipml5
> client.
> The only reference to websockets in the sample config files is in
> sip.conf, but it seems to be for when Asterisk needs to register somewhere
>
> ;register =>  tls://username:xxxxxx@sip-tls-proxy.example.org  <mailto:username%3Axxxxxx at sip-tls-proxy.example.org>
> ;
> ;    The'transport'  part defaults to'udp'  but may also be'tcp','tls',*'ws', or'wss'*.
> ;    Using'udp://'  explicitly is also useful in case the username part
> ;    contains a'/'  ('user/name').

In the sip.conf entry for the account you are trying to register as
place the following:

transport=ws

> How do I set up a user in Asterisk so that I can register via sipml5?
> Attached you can find a wireshark trace from my register attempts, first
> on TCP port 5060, than on the Asterisk http server default port 8088...

You will need to change sipml5 to use http://<hostname or IP address of
Asterisk>:8088/ws as the URL. WebSocket is only available on the /ws path.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer