[asterisk-users] Asterisk and SNMP. No resource graphs in OpenNMS.

Chet W. Stevens cwstevens at interact.ccsd.net
Tue Aug 7 11:42:48 CDT 2012

I apologize as I am quite new to working with SNMP. I have compiled the SNMP module for Asterisk, configured snmpd, and successfully added the nodes to OpenNMS for a couple of my systems running on Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS. I am able to see the site
information and the resource graphs such as DAHDI, SIP, etc.

The problem I am having is that I follow the same exact process on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS and I see the site information in OpenNMS but I see nothing for the resource graphs. I have been trying to solve this for days now but I just can't seem to find
the problem. I am able to perform an snmpwalk on .1.3.6.1.4.1.22736.1 from the OpenNMS server and OpenNMS is seeing the source as Asterisk. I have checked that I have defined the agentXPerms for the right group, that I have defined the sysObjectID for
the Asterisk OID, etc.

I am running asterisk-1.8.11-cert5 following the instructions straight from the O'Reilly Asterisk: The Definitive Guide on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS. The same steps on Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS are successful.

Any help, suggestions, directions, examples, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chet