[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Websockets

mailsvb mailsvb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 07:00:01 CDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to play a little with WebRTC using sipml5 client and
Asterisk trunk (370821)
It seems the the WebRTC implementation for Asterisk 11 is already available
in the trunk? Am I right?
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2012-July/055940.html

I'm having trouble to even register to my Asterisk server using sipml5
client.
The only reference to websockets in the sample config files is in sip.conf,
but it seems to be for when Asterisk needs to register somewhere

;register => tls://username:xxxxxx@sip-tls-proxy.example.org
;
;    The 'transport' part defaults to 'udp' but may also be 'tcp',
'tls', *'ws', or 'wss'*.
;    Using 'udp://' explicitly is also useful in case the username part
;    contains a '/' ('user/name').

How do I set up a user in Asterisk so that I can register via sipml5?
Attached you can find a wireshark trace from my register attempts, first on
TCP port 5060, than on the Asterisk http server default port 8088...

Thanks in advance for any reply,
Sven