[asterisk-users] Asterisk realtime don't support 'n' as extension's next priority

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 09:11:05 CDT 2012

I am kissing every inch of land where each one of the asterisk's developer
is putting his feet. In the last 10 years I have worked thanks to the
availability of the asterisk code. Most of my income was possible just
thanks to asterisk, so I am pretty biased when trying to evaluate if the
asterisk code is good or not. You can understand if I "love" the way
asterisk has been coded.
Nevertheless things can be better and they can be better thanks to you.
Asterisk is open source and Mark is a very kind person when you submit
patches, so put your ideas in new code and send to him. If you don't know
how to code, hire some developer and have him to code your view of a better
RT code. If it will be accepted by the core developer, all us will be
happy. if it will not accepted, you'll be happy with you own personal
branch. I run for a small period of time my personal asterisk tree because
the italian telephony system is flawed and clients want services not
suitable for the general asterisk audience, so there is nothing to worry to
have your personal asterisk code.

Leandro

PS
I think your idea of extension RT can be accomplished with some triggers
and replacing the extension table with a view on your own n-enabled
extension table