[asterisk-users] Asterisk realtime don't support 'n' as extension's next priority

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Fri Aug 3 07:53:41 CDT 2012

Leandro

I have to disagree reasonable designers would have done a better job with
this one. But we developers are not always so reasonable. The issue is many
developers when pushing to put features in they don't put on their
designers hat and think out side the box first.Heaven knows I have been
guilty of this one over the years and had to go back and refactor.  It is
not so reasonable to think that this limitation has to exist developers
have been putting order by fields in db driven systems for years. What of
the guy who want's to use n(target) or 4(target) (I know this may have not
been an option when RT was first done now it is) so they can add
specialized jumping code. If I had been designing the Realtime (today) I
would have added a field for the priority and made it a full alpha /
numeric and added an order by field.  As it sits now how do you do n, i, h
or tags ect.... It kinda sucks and limits the Realtime. Not to bash on the
developer who did this I get that we don't always think out side the box
all the time nor was some of this ability available when the RT was
written. but know it does so what do we do. Unfortunately I am not a ansi C
guy or I could probably fix it .

Thanks

Bryant Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc.)