[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.11.0 Debian Squeeze packages with T.38 gateway, queue hints and fixed RFC4235 (notifycid=yes)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Apr 17 17:39:27 CDT 2012

On 04/17/2012 06:17 AM, Larry Moore wrote:
> The send log you have posted does not show any outgoing T.38 packets
> from your system.
>
> I set up a test build of 1.8.11.0 using the patch recently released, I
> have difficulties sending T.38 with this patch, in fact I cannot send
> successfully however I can receive. I did however observe some outgoing
> T.38 packets. The analogue fax modem I was dialling into is under my
> control hence the log files showed there was no signalling coming from
> my ITSP,
>
> The T.38 session on my Asterisk server show the CRP's which were sent
> from the analogue fax device during the negotiation.
>
> The patch I have used for a while seems to give me outgoing
> functionality as well as incoming.
>
> I can't reproduce your scenario whereby your T.38 session is
> communicating with a different gateway to the SIP server you use hence
> can only speculate that Asterisk has difficulty wanting to send T.38 SDP
> traffic when it is a different device than the SIP server it negotiates
> with.

We know for a fact that Asterisk has no trouble with the signaling and
media going to different addresses/ports. Honestly, I just don't
understand why all of this effort is being put into trying to use an old
(and clearly broken) patch for adding T.38 gateway support to Asterisk 1.8.

You guys know that it works in Asterisk 10, but you say you can't use
Asterisk 10 for some reason that I don't understand.

--
Kevin P. Fleming