[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.11.0 Debian Squeeze packages with T.38 gateway, queue hints and fixed RFC4235 (notifycid=yes)

Larry Moore lmoore at starwon.com.au
Tue Apr 17 06:17:19 CDT 2012

The send log you have posted does not show any outgoing T.38 packets
from your system.

I set up a test build of 1.8.11.0 using the patch recently released, I
have difficulties sending T.38 with this patch, in fact I cannot send
successfully however I can receive. I did however observe some outgoing
T.38 packets. The analogue fax modem I was dialling into is under my
control hence the log files showed there was no signalling coming from
my ITSP,

The T.38 session on my Asterisk server show the CRP's which were sent
from the analogue fax device during the negotiation.

The patch I have used for a while seems to give me outgoing
functionality as well as incoming.

I can't reproduce your scenario whereby your T.38 session is
communicating with a different gateway to the SIP server you use hence
can only speculate that Asterisk has difficulty wanting to send T.38 SDP
traffic when it is a different device than the SIP server it negotiates
with.

Cheers,

Larry.