[asterisk-users] Monitoring second leg being dialed?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Fri Sep 16 06:13:16 CDT 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:49:51 +0200, Jeroen Eeuwes
<jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com> wrote:
>I think this is a very common situation, so I'm not really sure what
>your problem is. Perhaps it's because I don't use an internal card,
>but in my situation it works just fine. I dial a number on my SIP
>phone, Asterisk goes through the dialplan, and puts the call out via
>the SPA3102. In my ear I hear ringing sounds, busy, wrong number or
>someone talking to me just like if I had connected a "normal" phone to
>the PSTN line.

I haven't done this yet, and was looking for information.

I was under the (apparently false) impression that Asterisk/Dahdi
didn't connect the two legs until the callee had gone off-hook.

So it looks like there's really no issue in connecting a remote SIP
client with a PSTN number through an FXO port + ADSL VoIP modem to
take advantage of free phone calls.

Thanks everyone.