[asterisk-users] googleapps calendar

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Sat Oct 29 21:31:05 CDT 2011

 > I am trying to get googleapps calendar integrated with my system.
> However, following all the instructions that I can find it still
> fails. this is my config file:
>
> [myGoogleCal]
> type=caldav
> url=https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<<myemail>>/events/
> user=<<myemail>>
> secret=<<mypassword>>
> refresh=15
> timeframe=60

I just tried with:
[calendar4]
type = caldav
url = https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/me@mygoogleappsdomain.net/events/
user = me at mygoogleappsdomain.net
secret = mysneakypassword
refresh = 15
timeframe = 60

and 'calendar show calendars' shows my calendar as free, and 'calendar show calendar calendar4' shows an upcoming event. I did have to commit a fix where if you don't have a channel set for notification, it would cause a crash. I just committed that fix a couple of seconds ago. So, everything looks to be working fine for me.

> when I start asterisk, and type "calendar show calendars" I get
>
> genesis2*CLI> calendar show calendars
> Calendar Type Status
> myGoogleCal caldav free
>
> however, there are no events in myGoogleCal, and every 15 minutes I
> get the message
>
> "Unknown response to CalDAV calendar pug, request REPORT to
> /calendar/<<myemail>>/events/: Could not read status line: connection
> was closed by server"

Sounds like a communication issue. Is there a proxy server required to access the outside? Perhaps libneon wasn't compiled with SSL support or something? You could verify that the url is reachable via a web browser (should download a .ics file) or via using a command-line tool on the Asterisk box like 'curl' to test the url, user, and password.