[asterisk-users] CallerID inconsistently presented through ISDN/cellular networks

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Wed Oct 12 17:37:28 CDT 2011

On 10/11/11 8:10 PM, Olivier wrote:

> I'll start a test session in a couple of minutes and report here.
>
> The strangest things is this inconsistency: I can imagine million of
> reasons why a number is not presented but I can't think of any
> explaining why it would change in a couple of hours.

Inconsistent configuration over multiple routes probably. I know I have
one route (the default actually) to a number of destinations where I am
100% percent able to send redirected number information, but another
route just will not pass it on to the destination.

So normally calls to these destinations have nice caller id as if A was
calling C (at least that's what C sees in their display) but every now
and then I flow over to the alternative route and the information is
lost, C doesn't see A, but B.

Nothing I can do about it, been fighting over it for ages but I just
doesn't seem to be able to make it work.

--
Andreas Sikkema