[asterisk-users] CallerID inconsistently presented through ISDN/cellular networks

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Fri Oct 14 16:18:07 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:37:28AM +0200, Andreas Sikkema wrote:
> So normally calls to these destinations have nice caller id as if A was
> calling C (at least that's what C sees in their display) but every now
> and then I flow over to the alternative route and the information is
> lost, C doesn't see A, but B.
>
> Nothing I can do about it, been fighting over it for ages but I just
> doesn't seem to be able to make it work.

Suddenly I feel very lucky. It only took me a couple of weeks of sending
10 test calls per day of resulting callerids mishaps with Verizon to get
them to finaly trace the problem and correct a misconfigured switch. It
also helps to be able to route all mobile traffic through an other
provider, if they start to lose lots of minutes providers will act.

--

   Daniel Tryba