[asterisk-users] Question on meetme and t option

Yaroslav Panych panych.y at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:09:26 CDT 2011

2011/10/12 Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>:
> then Asterisk *could* stop sending audio towards the device connected to that channel.
> then Asterisk *could* send it a message telling it to not bother sending any audio.

I think in any case Asterisk must not halt any audio data stream. It
is task of application(MeetMe) to do that(drop inbound frames or not
to send outbound frames). The reason is simple: something may listen
that particular channel(for example chanspy, or audio hook, or
(Mix)Monitor application or something else), and it should hear audio
in any case. I.e. audio/video data streams of active channel are not
exclusively accessed by currently running application at any time.

regards, Yaroslav