[asterisk-users] Question on meetme and t option

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Oct 11 16:31:48 CDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 12:11 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> If the asterisk box starts up a MeetMe conference
> with the 't' flag for talk only mode does asterisk send some
> kind of SIP command to the devices joining the conference
> to say "dont send me audio back as I'll ignore it anyway" as
> I am the only one doing the talking.
>
> Does that happen?

I think you might be misunderstanding how these options work. The
*conference* doesn't have talk-only and listen-only modes; each channel
that is joined to the conference does, based on the flags that are
supplied to Meetme() when that channel joins the conference.

If a channel is joined with the 't' flag (meaning it does not want to
listen to the conference), then Asterisk *could* stop sending audio
towards the device connected to that channel. I'm not sure if that
actually happens or not.

If a channel is joined with the 'l' flag (meaning its audio will not be
mixed into the conference), then Asterisk *could* send it a message
telling it to not bother sending any audio. That does not happen right
now, but wouldn't be a terribly difficult patch to write.

--
Kevin P. Fleming