[asterisk-users] CallerID inconsistently presented through ISDN/cellular networks

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Tue Oct 11 11:14:55 CDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm facing a strange problem.
>
> My setup is:
> Alice cellphone <--GSM--><--ISDN--> Asterisk <-- ISDN --><--GSM--> Bob
> cellphone
>
> When Alice calls Asterisk which forwards the incoming call to Bob,
> sometimes Bob sees Alice's number, sometimes he sees a default CallerID
> (which happens to match the dialed number and the ANI).
> For various reasons, Bob really needs to see Alice's number when Alice is
> calling.

Is the outbound leg of the call always going out over the same outbound
provider?

Step up the verbose level to 10 and then make a few test calls until you've
got a successful callerID and an unsuccessful callerID, then paste an
example of each call (the complete call, from the initial inbound to the
hangup on the other end) in another email and we can review them for any
discrepancies.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP