[asterisk-users] Digium FFA + Gafachi T38 outgoing issues

James Sharp james at fivecats.org
Sat Oct 8 14:51:51 CDT 2011

On 10/08/2011 02:38 PM, Ryan Wagoner wrote:

> I signed up with Gafachi a few weeks ago to use them for T38 as well.
> I haven't had any luck getting it to work. I have been mainly trying
> to use Asterisk in T38 pass through mode and have tested with a
> Linksys SPA2102 and Zoiper. Gafachi basically told me they have many
> customers utilizing their T38 implementation and that it works. When
> asked for a list of compatible devices they said there were too many
> combinations and it was up to me to find a working solution.

I wonder how many of these customers are just getting fallback to G711
when the T38 stack falls over.  Heck, I thought I was getting T38 until
I realized that I had SendFAX running with the audio fallback option.
Turned that off, and fax fails 100% of the time.

> I am still looking a PAYG service provider that has a working T38
> implementation. It seems like these are impossible to find.

I found t38faxing.com.  I was going to try them until I saw that their
opening credit is $10.  More than I want to spend to try for just home
faxing.