[asterisk-users] Digium FFA + Gafachi T38 outgoing issues

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 13:38:50 CDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Luke Hamburg <luke at solvent-llc.com> wrote:
> Interesting.  I just signed up with Gafachi (haven't even tested the service
> yet) but I planned to make use of their T38 support since they are listed at
> voip-info as being one of the ITSP's that _do_ support T38.  Have you tried
> contacting Gafachi with these results about their broken implementation?  I
> would hope/expect them to try to fix this, instead of trying to force
> Asterisk to violate RFCs.
>
>>It sounds like that Gafachi's T38 implementation
>>is horribly, horribly broken I'm not tied to them
>>at all, so if their stuff is broken, I'll go
>>somewhere else.

I signed up with Gafachi a few weeks ago to use them for T38 as well.
I haven't had any luck getting it to work. I have been mainly trying
to use Asterisk in T38 pass through mode and have tested with a
Linksys SPA2102 and Zoiper. Gafachi basically told me they have many
customers utilizing their T38 implementation and that it works. When
asked for a list of compatible devices they said there were too many
combinations and it was up to me to find a working solution.

I am still looking a PAYG service provider that has a working T38
implementation. It seems like these are impossible to find.

Ryan