[asterisk-users] A manager event whenever an hint value changes

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Oct 6 09:14:13 CDT 2011

I think you are introducing new issues and overhead to accomplish a simple
task;  If you do your "core show hints" every 5 seconds and store this into
an array in C/PHP/PERL/etc, then compare it, you are using what it there
already.  I can see where it might be a pain to pore through 200 hints and
determine which ones have changed, but adding a new AMI event would (1) add
more overhead to the AMI task and (2) be asking to break when this feature
moves into the next release of Asterisk.