[asterisk-users] A manager event whenever an hint value changes

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 6 08:59:29 CDT 2011

2011/10/6 Moshe Brevda <mbrevda at gmail.com>

> Would ExtensionStatus provide the data your looking for?
>
> Event: ExtensionStatus
> Privilege: call,all
> Exten: 216
> Context: ext-local
> Hint: SIP/216

Yes and no : what I'm after is to open an AMI connection with an Asterisk
server and simply "read" HintHasChanged events.
The ExtensionStatus event shown above is the reply to an ExtensionStatus
request and I don't want to send any request at all (I could also send a
"core show hint" one every 5 seconds or so).