[asterisk-users] Becoming a CLEC

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Mon Nov 14 13:47:47 CST 2011

It is my understanding a facilities based CLEC is a FCC designation. There are rules that govern who is considered a CLEC. We are a VoIP based interconnect carrier based on the rules. Even though we offer internet services. We do not own any phone service exchanges.

If you can operate out side of the CLEC classification you are much farther ahead. The amount of reporting and fees a VoIP based interconnect carrier is subject to is quite a bit less than a CLEC.

Check out the FCC's website.

Thanks

Bryant Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc.)

616-855-1030 Ext. 2003