[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu May 5 15:30:33 CDT 2011

At 01:07 PM 5/5/2011, you wrote:
>Fair enough, what are some examples of questions you have?  It only
>takes a moment to create a new wiki page and start documenting
>them.  If you willing to provide the questions and feedback, I'm
>more then happy to write them on the wiki.

So to start, I'm a user with what I think is a bug. Where is the page
telling me step by step how to report it? The word Mantis is not enough.

Where do I go?
What do you need from me to help you understand the problem?
If you think I should ask on IRC, how do I get there.  For dummies, I
have mIRC, I think I've followed the directions on how to connect to
the asterisk channel and yet, all I ever get is "Unable to resolve
server" and I've no idea why and the pages I'm pointed to either
haven't helped or haven't made any sense.
How will I know if you need additional information from me?
How do I clean up submitted logs and conf files so I'm not giving
away the farm?
How do I get log files that the team would find useful, probably
including how to find them?

I'd guess that would be a start.