[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu May 5 15:35:40 CDT 2011

At 01:07 PM 5/5/2011, you wrote:
>I am not saying using production servers to test, rather reproducing
>your production setups in a test environment.  You would then create
>test plans or test cases of the features you use in Asterisk.  Once
>documented, for each and every RC of Asterisk you go through the
>steps outlined in your test plan / case, confirming this work as
>expected and then documenting the results.

Yes, but in my world there is one Atom powerd Linux box running
Asterisk, 4 or 5 Windows machines and 2 Macs. If I want to test, it
has to be on my production box and I'm more than happy to run beta
software on that box. My comment is just that the protocol for me
helping you is not clear to me. I have been beta testing since 1985
when I was able to crash Brief on the Novell network I used at work.

Ira