[asterisk-users] Park a call when sip phone becomes unreachable?

Shawn L shawnl at up.net
Wed May 4 17:24:36 CDT 2011

I have a situation where we have an asterisk box that is extending several
Mitel PBX extensions to
some cordless SIP phones (Cisco WIP310).   Everything works great, except
when the cordless
phone walks out of range of one access point and into range of another
(cisco 1100 series APs).

I have another post to the list asking about how to speed up the handoff,
and keep the call active while
that's happing.  My question here is can a call be parked or placed on hold
if the SIP phone becomes
unreachable?  That way if a cordless phone user walks out of range and
'drops' the call, they have a
way to get it back

Thanks in advance