[asterisk-users] Issue with Asterisk & Aastra 57i at v3.2

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Wed May 4 22:37:59 CDT 2011

I recently tried to update my Aastra 57i to version 3.2 and ran into
a problem.  It won't properly register and says "contact mismatch".
I added "sip contact matching: 2" to aastra.cfg, but that didn't help.

When I look at the SIP trace, but I see is the Aastra sending a
REGISTER and Asterisk replying with the 401.  The phone then sends
the REGISTER again, this time with the hash.  Asterisk now replies OK,
but sends an OPTION packet FIRST and I think that confuses the Aastra.

Has anybody seen this?  Is there any way to have the packets sent in the
proper order?