[asterisk-users] What is the most stable version of asterisk?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Mar 25 00:11:23 CDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Douglas Mortensen <doug at impalanetworks.com
> wrote:

> 1.2? 1.4? 1.6? 1.8?
>
> Thanks,
> -
> Doug Mortensen
> Network Consultant
> Impala Networks Inc
> CCNA, MCSA, Security+, A+
> Linux+, Network+, Server+
> .
> www.impalanetworks.com
> P: (505) 327-7300
> F: (505) 327-7545

Callweaver?   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/CallWeaver.  I believe they
forked somewhere in the 1.2 release.  Many features ahead of Asterisk.

Although I didn't see anything on FreeSwitch stating anything anything about
deadlocking, I know that was one of the main reasons for BKW, as seasoned
asterisk developer and folks to start from scratch.  That and the hybrid
dual license in Asterisk.

http://www.sofaswitch.org/docs/How%20does%20FreeSWITCH%20compare%20to%20Asterisk.pdf

Read the whole piece.  I know it isn't Asterisk but BKW who contributed and
I believe is still helping Asterisk

Besides, I feel that FreeSwitch is the most stable.

I like 1.2 so I went with Callweaver for many installations.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro