[asterisk-users] Any good tutorials for setting up Asterisk SNMP and Cacti for remote monitoring?

Faisal Hanif faisal at vopium.com
Mon Mar 7 01:14:41 CST 2011

http://www.danielaliaman.com/blog/files/AsteriskSNMPtutorial.pdf

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Bruce B
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:59 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Any good tutorials for setting up Asterisk SNMP
and Cacti for remote monitoring?

Hi Everyone,

I have been searching the web and I don't know if SNMP is just that complex
to setup or that not many people use SNMP to monitor Asterisk but the
information is scattered all over. I  have got to the point to configure
SNMP with Asterisk and then it's all confusing from there on to actually see
the graphs in Cacti.

I would appreciate it if you can post your steps or point me to a good guide
posted somewhere on the web.

I have followed this but it's not complete:

http://www.voipphreak.ca/2008/10/28/asterisk-snmp-with-cacti-howto-upgraded-
for-asterisk-16-and-ubuntu/

***Please don't post any smart-aleck comments like "google it".....

Thanks,