[asterisk-users] Any good tutorials for setting up Asterisk SNMP and Cacti for remote monitoring?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 11:59:10 CST 2011

Hi Everyone,

I have been searching the web and I don't know if SNMP is just that complex
to setup or that not many people use SNMP to monitor Asterisk but the
information is scattered all over. I  have got to the point to configure
SNMP with Asterisk and then it's all confusing from there on to actually see
the graphs in Cacti.

I would appreciate it if you can post your steps or point me to a good guide
posted somewhere on the web.

I have followed this but it's not complete:
http://www.voipphreak.ca/2008/10/28/asterisk-snmp-with-cacti-howto-upgraded-for-asterisk-16-and-ubuntu/

***Please don't post any smart-aleck comments like "google it".....

Thanks,