[asterisk-users] res_fax

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Wed Jan 26 13:12:19 CST 2011

On 01/26/2011 1:49 PM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

<snip>

> Steve did not write res_fax (which where SendFAX and ReceiveFAX come
> from)

<snip>

I am personally a little confused here, because I have a ReceiveFAX
application when I unload the res_fax module and res_fax_digium module
and load the app_fax module. In other words, I think that multiple
modules provide applications named ReceiveFax and SendFAX.

Am I correct to infer that using app_fax.so is no longer recommended and
that res_fax.so with res_fax_spandsp.so -OR- res_fax_digium.so is now
the way to go?

Tom