[asterisk-users] res_fax

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jan 26 12:49:35 CST 2011

On 01/26/2011 12:42 PM, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> Steve
>
> Are there any undocumented options available with ReceiveFAX and the
> res_fax_spandsp module.
> I am having issues with getting t.38 to negotiate with Level 3 faxes but
> if I force t.30 the fax comes in. But the fax does not fall back t.30 if
> the t.38 fails

You haven't posted any logs of the failing attempts, or packet captures
of the SIP traffic, so it's pretty much impossible for anyone to help
you debug this (anyone who tried would just be guessing).

Steve did not write res_fax (which where SendFAX and ReceiveFAX come
from), and there are no 'undocumented' options available for it, because
it's open source and the source code shows all the options that are
available.

If you would like to try to figure out what is going on, start by
posting a *complete* log file from Asterisk for a failed inbound FAX
attempt, with 'core set debug 10' and 'core set verbose 10' and all
logger levels (including 'fax') enabled.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com