[asterisk-users] RTCP packets when on hold

Ryan Tucker Ryan.Tucker at rgtech.com.au
Sun Jan 23 04:10:55 CST 2011

Hi,

It seems that asterisk doesn't send RTCP packets when a call is on hold. Is there any way to get asterisk to send these packets?

I'm in the process of setting up a Lync (microsoft voice) server which will use an asterisk box as a gateway. The trunking between asterisk and lync is 'working' however when a call is put on hold asterisk stops sending RTCP packets to lync, and after 30 seconds of not receiving RTCP packets, lync drops the call due to timeout.

I did find two posts from people who came accross this same issue back in 2008, however there was no solution given.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan.