[asterisk-users] Hi, agent intro-speech for outside caller

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Jan 20 08:58:15 CST 2011

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Bart
Swedrowski
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:09 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Hi, agent intro-speech for outside caller

On 20 January 2011 11:54, Tom Rymes <trymes at rymes.com> wrote:

I don't know of a way to do that, but I can say that, as a caller, it is
highly annoying. Your agents ought to be able to do that themselves, no?

Exactly, otherwise you are losing first chance to make the call "different"
from the other ones where caller feel like they are talking with machines.
Simple "Hello, it's X, how is your day today sir" (and given it's a bit
different every day) can change they way the call is going to go...

All Asterisk prompts are configurable with a little legwork.  Simply use the
CLI to see what is playing at the point you want to change, then set up this
little ditty to override it.  Say you wanted to record the "canned"
tt-weasels prompt ("Weasels have eaten our phone system").  This 3-liner
lets you re-record it.

-          exten => 999,1,answer

-          exten => 999,n,record(tt-weasels.gsm)

-          exten => 999,n,hangup

If you are using a codec other than gsm you would replace gsm with wav,
slin, etc.