[asterisk-users] VoIP PoE phones for restaurant (kitchen)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Tue Jan 4 19:42:20 CST 2011

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 16:15:54 Andy Graybeal wrote:
> > The Polycom 321 has not been EOL'd and supports VLAN.  It is, however,
> > lacking a 2nd ethernet port if you were to go that route.
> >
> > -M
>
> Thanks for the response Mark.  I see the 331 has two ports and the same
> features as the 321.
>
> I'm wondering what phone would be best being used as an intercom in a
> busy kitchen.  I asked this some months ago; but this time around I'm
> writing it into this years budget.
>
> I see the 335 has HD Voice and the 321 has "Clarity by Polycom".  Which
> would be best in a noisy kitchen using the devices speaker phone?
>
> Should I seek another device for the kitchen all-together?

I'd definitely look into a phone mounted to the wall that has no actual
handset, but merely buttons and a speaker grille.  It should probably
additionally be stainless steel, as I suspect it will need a good cleaning
at least daily.

The Polycom phones look great on a desk, but they are not industrial in
design.

--
Tilghman