[asterisk-users] problems inserting dahdi modules using Debian Leni

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Tue Jan 4 17:09:10 CST 2011

Hi.  I have a Debian Leni system  with asterisk-1.8.  I was trying to
get meetme to work and it depends on dahdi, so I compiled dahdi-trunk
and dahdi-tools-trunk, however, when trying to insert dahdi_dummy, it
complained about symbol crc_ccitt_table, although the module was
actually there in the kernel tree.  So, I took the Debian source, and I
had the config and I did make Bzimage, make modules and make
modules_install, but dahdi_dummy still complains about the same symbol,
it says no version for that symbol, so I am confused as to how to
resolve this so I can modprobe dahdi_dummy properly.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici