[asterisk-users] FAX on PRI to MFCR2

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:05:45 CST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 3:23 AM, leonimar cape <leo_mac_ph at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having issues sending and receiving fax on my asterisk setup.
>
> Currently I have a server that has 2 x E1 TDM cards one is sangoma and the
> other
>
> one is openvox. Both support echo cancellation.
>
> One of the e1 is connected to our telco provider via mfcr2 where all our
> incoming calls originate. On the other end is a pri connection going to
> HICOM
> PABX where the local attached to a fax is connected. Fax passing thru this
> connection are not getting thru and always getting drop.
>
> FYI: all of the 8xE1s are currently up with two using mfcr2 and the rest is
> ISDN
>
> pri.

My guess is that using 2 different cards from 2 different manufacturers for
FAX (which is sensitive to time slips) is probably a bad idea because most
likely is not possible to synchronize their clocks.

If you were using 2 Sangoma ports you can sync the ports with the
TE_REF_CLOCK parameter.

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R 9R6
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com